YS 140 FZ Question

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Sat Mar 5 11:19:06 AKST 2005

I have one FZ and 3 L's, and I haven't measured anything, but I feel
very strongly that my FZ is the strongest motor of the lot. The Fz
is in a 12 pound airplane that goes vertical with more authority
than any of the others in 10 &1/2 pounders. I have to admit that it
is still a little overcompressed despite the addition of 2 head
shims. It will probably throw a rod one of these days, but it has
given me an awesome ride.
G.