YS 140 FZ Question

Lem Stevens stevenslem at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 13:24:31 AKST 2005

I have a 140 FZ that I bought at a swap meet, so I do not know its vintage.  The top of the piston is the expected flat disk.

I had a 140L, before this, that had ports through the top of the piston to the inside of the ring.  Apparently, as pressure in the cylinder builds, the ports press the ring out against the sleeve.

Do the new 140 FZs have this ported piston?  Can anyone say what kind of power boost can be expected with a ported piston?  Just curious.

Lem