Changing Frequencies.....danger?? (Clipped)

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 08:34:18 AKDT 2005

Interesting conversation.

What's also interesting is that the radio manufactures say "DON'T CHANGE THE CRYSTAL YOURSELF, IT'S ILLEGAL AND COULD LEAD TO A MAJOR DISASTER!!!", then they conveniently sell the individual crystals to anyone that can whip out a few bucks.

Perhaps this disclaimer is just to appease the FCC...?

Keith