Changing Frequencies.....danger?? (Clipped)

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Thu Jun 30 08:07:57 AKDT 2005

I have read this before and find that para (a) is most confusing. My xtal is
on the front of the TX (Futaba T6XA), and therefore VERY accessible.  Having
tuned many receivers and transmitters, abet not R/C types, over the years I
wouldn't touch the TX without having detailed tech info on the design and
the proper test equipment. Receivers are OK as long as you don't switch
bands. Don't forget, some 72 MHz receivers, at least Futabas, have an Upper
or Lower configuration band and this must be respected.