Changing Frequencies.....danger??

Holzworth bdbd at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 30 07:20:28 AKDT 2005

I would love to hear from an authorized Futaba repair center on this
issue. I am sure there are alot of people out there changing crystals. I
am in the process of changing frequencies myself on all my planes and
would like an official answer. There are plenty of  other radios that
have no module and provide access to crystals for changing. Even some of
the older Futaba radios provide access to the crystal from the exterior
of the radio. I doubt  if they were woried about someone changing
frequencies they would have made it that accesible. My guess is the
manufacturers have seen an opportunity to make even more money by
telling people that have purchased the more expensive radios that in
order for them to change their frequency that they have to buy a $50.00
module in lieu of a $10.00 crystal.