District III Championship Contest - off list

Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com
Wed Jun 29 07:35:36 AKDT 2005

Hi Emory - off list here,

632 miles isn't too bad for a D3 champs contest, actually, 70 or miles
closer than Pensacola.  Will you bring your family this time?

Thanks,
Jim

PS - Ken drove down Saturday night and stayed 3 nights.  We flew the New
Aggressor flew on Monday, after we worked about 18 hrs on Sunday going
from hinging the surface, to complete equipment install.  Monday we flew 3
flights without incident.  Ken made some changes over the prototype, and
the result is truly magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I never had a plane that
jumped off the board with the CG set and only a "micro" amount of mixing
needed (just because I'm a bit anal about it).  At 10.6 lbs the plane flew
light while still tracking and driving lines VERY well.  I kept saying,
"look at the wings staying level".  It was as if the plane's entire
natural state was "wings-level" with little to no deviation even through
inside/outside tracking - easy...  I think this is about as "de-coupled"
as a pattern plane gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to
get some more flights on it this week!!!  See you in Muncie.

Jim

"Emory Schroeter" <emorydmd at earthlink.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
06/28/2005 10:01 PM
Please respond to
discussion at nsrca.org

"Pattern NSRCA" <discussion at nsrca.org>, "NSRCA District III"
<dist3 at nsrca.org>
cc

Subject
District III Championship Contest

Hello,

For all of you District III competitors (and anyone else for that matter
who wants to fly with us), I want to let you know that the date and
location of the District III Championship contest has been changed. It
will be held at the GA Jets field in Gay, GA over the weekend of October
15th-16th. For those of you who are not familiar with this location, it is
a great facility. It has a 1000 foot level runway and a pavilion with
electricity and running water. It faces north, so the sun is not in your
face. Camping will be allowed, but there are no hook-ups. The only down
side is that we will have to drive about 25-30 minutes to get to a hotel.
But, I think most of you will agree that it is worth it. I still would
like to hear from district III pilots on their opinion for the location of
the championship contest. We will try it at the GA Jets field this year
and if people are happy with the location and the club allows us, we may
use this for future district championships. If it doesn't work well, we
can find another location. I think that one nice thing about this location
is that for the majority of district flyers, they will be within about a
five hour drive. The south Florida gang will have about the same length of
drive as they would for the Pensacola location. CD's for the event will be
Joe Rafalowski and me. I have to do some research to see what the best
choices will be for hotels. Here is the website for the GA Jets field...
http://www.georgiajets.org/index.html
Please pass this along to your friends that don't have internet access.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions,

Emory Schroeter, D3VP