District III Championship Contest

Emory Schroeter emorydmd at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 18:01:49 AKDT 2005

Hello,

For all of you District III competitors (and anyone else for that matter who wants to fly with us), I want to let you know that the date and location of the District III Championship contest has been changed. It will be held at the GA Jets field in Gay, GA over the weekend of October 15th-16th. For those of you who are not familiar with this location, it is a great facility. It has a 1000 foot level runway and a pavilion with electricity and running water. It faces north, so the sun is not in your face. Camping will be allowed, but there are no hook-ups. The only down side is that we will have to drive about 25-30 minutes to get to a hotel. But, I think most of you will agree that it is worth it. I still would like to hear from district III pilots on their opinion for the location of the championship contest. We will try it at the GA Jets field this year and if people are happy with the location and the club allows us, we may use this for future district championships. If it doesn't work well, we can find another location. I think that one nice thing about this location is that for the majority of district flyers, they will be within about a five hour drive. The south Florida gang will have about the same length of drive as they would for the Pensacola location. CD's for the event will be Joe Rafalowski and me. I have to do some research to see what the best choices will be for hotels. Here is the website for the GA Jets field...
http://www.georgiajets.org/index.html
Please pass this along to your friends that don't have internet access.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions,

Emory Schroeter, D3VP