KCRC 50th Aniversary Contest

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 17:05:54 AKDT 2005

Hello all,

This past weekend we had the 50th KCRC Pattern contest.  I usually make mistakes but 50 anniversary is correct.  The contest keeps the tradition of giving a dinner to pilots and family.  The hospitality and all work done by the KCRC club members is hard to describe for me here.  I am sure that a lot of guys are going to help me as soon as they read this e-mail.  Also, It was very nice to see that the field was named in  memory of Charlie Reed.  I am sure that Charlie is a good reason of having the KCRC pattern contest for such long time.  Clearly, the KCRC board and club members are planing to keep the tradition in years to come.  About 25 pilots were present with perfect flying weather.

KCRC also sponsored the NSRCA Judge Certification seminar on Friday.  We meet at the EAA hangar in Lees Summit airport.  About 15 judges got certified.  In the morning we had the seminar.  At noon we went to the field and KCRC had lunch for the group ready.  After lunch we flew all classes for the calibration sections.  We discussed the downgrades openly and pilots provided inputs.

With my best regards,

Vicente Bortone