OS140RX Bearings

Ed Hartley roho2 at rcpattern.com
Thu Jun 16 19:18:44 AKDT 2005

Hi All,

Ron, I guess I have been lucky! You saw the thing run at Knoxville. Makes lots of power still! When the bearings crap, I will let ya'll know if they were FI bearings! Based on what I'm hearing, I bet they are. I will certainly use the FI bearings when I have to replace these based on what you guys have been saying

I run the fuel out to get rid of the nitro, alcohol and empty the pump. No moisture to speak of this way. !

I ordered a set of BOCA bearings the day I purchased this motor because of the reports I heard. They are still in the wrappings.

I log all the flights with each plane I own. For example, this plane is the Viper you see on my web site. (http://www.rcpattern.com) Since Dennis Hunt converted it to a Viper (FAI) it has 570 flights. He converted it to the FG model and added the latest wing and vertical fin and since then it has 272 flights. I didn't keep the original numbers on it's life as a plain Jane Viper, but you could probably add another four or five hundred flights. (This grand total would be on the fuselage and stabilizer.) You can't beat wooden planes for updating! Having the manufacturer twenty miles from your house doesn't hurt either! I suggest you do this as it sure gives you accurate information. I did this in the old, old days when I flew control line speed!

I started a page some time ago for the input of two-cycle information. http://www.rcpattern.com/2cycle.htm This page has a lot of good information from some very good pilots. If any of you care to partake, please do so!

Happy fathers day to all the Dads,
Ed Hartley
roho2 at rcpattern.com