OS140RX Bearings

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jun 16 18:50:44 AKDT 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 9:37 PM, vicenterc at comcast.net wrote:

> I think Ed is very lucky.  Probably, OS run out of standard bearings
> and they put an FI bearing in his motor.  It is evident that the
> common denominator is that you can not get more than 30-50 flights
> from the original bearing.  My OS 140 RX has more than 300 flights
> after replacing the original bearing with SS bearing.  Yes, I still
> run dry the motor and leave the piston in top dead center.

I don't know about Ed being lucky, but I'm glad to hear of his success.
  I hope I have the same success with the new SS bearing I just
installed.  After the adventure I had in removing the old bearing and
replacing it with the SS bearing, even 300 flights might be too soon to
face that job again.

Ron Van Putte