OS140RX Bearings

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jun 16 11:05:09 AKDT 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Verne Koester wrote:

> Amram,
> You're probably already on borrowed time. You need the rear bearing
> for the EFI version of the 1.4 which is a sealed stainless bearing.
> The O.S. part number is 29430010. You'll get between 300-500 flights
> with this bearing. The original bearing is usually only good for 3 - 5
> gallons of fuel.

That was my experience.  I replaced the original bearing after three
gallons of fuel.  It needed to be replaced, too; I could feel the
unevenness and the "sticking" feeling already.  I ordered the OS 1.40
EFI bearing Verne mentioned.

Removal and replacement of the rear bearing WAS NOT a "walk in the
park".  I had to use a toaster over and a freezer to do the job.  The
toaster oven, set at about 450 degrees, enabled me to remove the
crankshaft from the motor.  I had to put the crankshaft back in the
oven two more times before the old rear bearing could be convinced to
come off the crankshaft.  Then I had to put the new bearing in the oven
and the crankshaft in the freezer, before I could get the two mated up.
  By the time the motor was back together, it had taken two hours to do
the job.  I hope this new bearing lasts 300-500 flights.

Ron Van Putte

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Amram Private" <amram at leshed.com>

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.