Landing Direction; Spins, and Snaps. . .

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Mon Jun 13 19:55:28 AKDT 2005

Uhmm, Jerry -

What are using for your reference point in saying that you "never saw
a 15 sec. difference that could have been saved"?  Stated another
way, a difference of 15 sec. from what?  If at least one of the
contest(s) you've observed didn't score TO&L's (meaning other than 0
or 10) then what are you comparing the measured times too?  Did you
have timed data from before when TO&L's were scored from 0 to 10 to
difference your measurements from?  Without that data to establish a
baseline you can't make a quantitative comparison, only a qualitative
assessment (which is a fancy way of saying "a person's opinion").

Please don't take my questions as an attack, they're NOT meant that
way.  But collecting invalid data can be as bad, if not worse, than
having no data at all.  And I'm not saying that the data you've
collected is invalid, just that one can't tell from what you wrote
below.  Since your stated objective is to use the data to show the
"rationale used to support the current proposal was false and it
never was backed up by real data", then the legitimacy of your data
becomes relevant.

Maybe I'm missing something here, can you help me understand how you
were collecting your data?

Jerry (the other one, out on the left coast)

--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com
http://www.buddengineering.com