Landing Direction; Spins, and Snaps. . .

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Mon Jun 13 13:21:15 AKDT 2005

Don:

I could not agree more!

We certainly ARE going to see a deterioration of these flight elements.

As far as speeding up the contest, lets take a look.
Average copntest today 24?? fliers. Maybe we save 15 seconds per TO. If
using 2 lines, that saves a whopping 3 minutes per round. In four rounds
on Sat you will save 12 minutes!!!!! That is ONE flight, maybe 2
Sportsman flights.
OK, you say you save 30 seconds.........double it!!

As to the safety issue, most fields have the pilots standing behind a
barrier of some type, there is a caller to keep track, and in nearly 20
years of doing this, I have never seen anyone hit, yes, some reasonably
close calls, but in reality even these were more scary than dangerous.
The degrading of the TO and ldg scoring may even result in MORE of these
scares!!

IMHO!!

Terry T.