Electric Weight: with or without batteries at US Nationals

MKMSG mkmsg at cox.net
Sat Jun 11 12:39:09 AKDT 2005

Richard:  I draw about 68 amps at WOT with a 22 x12 APE.  I normally set my
timer for 9 minutes and activate it just before advancing the throttle for
takeoff.  By the time I get back on the ground, it has been around 9.5
minutes and I normally have to put 4400 ma back into the packs using my
Astro 109s.  I also have a C50 12xl in a Yak 54.  It also draws 68 amps at
WOT using a 20 x 13 APC and consumes 4400 ma in 9.5 minutes.  One has to be
careful not to drain these LiPo packs too close to their end point.  While
they may perform OK, their longevity will be reduced and that translates to
more $ for new, expensive packs.  One of my TP 5S3P 6000 packs recently
puffed after only 12 flights.  Luckily, TP took good care of me and replaced
the bad pack for free.

Mike