Landing Direction

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 17:06:47 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 6/10/2005 7:03:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
tkeithb at comcast.net writes:

OK, so you're saying if the wind doesn't shift  then the pilot can't land in
the opposite direction. What if there is just a  breath of wind at take-off
and the pilot flies with the wind, but at landing  the wind has picked up
significantly? Do you stand by the rule and insist that  the wind direction didn't
change and now the pilot must land with the wind or  get a zero?

BTW, I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying  to anticipate the arguments
and problems that may raise their heads once this  rule is passed. Let's
cover all the bases before putting any language in  place. And let's also be sure
we are comfortable with all possible  consequences.

Keith