Electric Weight: with or without batteries at UN Nationals

Wincons at aol.com Wincons at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 14:20:52 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 6/10/2005 7:58:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com writes:

Does anyone happen to know what the weighing policy  will be for electric
planes at the nats (with or without batteries)?

After a top secret, high level meeting with both CIAM, FAI, AMA, NSRCA,  SPCA
and the OSBR; the NATS committee has issued a ruling;

    "Competitors in 401 through 406 WILL be allowed to  discharge battery
pack of electric propelled airplanes, using whatever external  equipment
necessary, prior to being weighed for compliance with the 11 pound  competition rule."

    I'm told that they are scrambling to obtain  equipment prior to the first
day of competition, but that we might have to  submit to weighing as if the
aircraft were 'wet', or, liquid fuel. I'm sure all  participants will remain
subject to the rules pertaining to 'souped up' fuels;  i.e. pro tonic and alpha
emitter packs, as opposed to the standard electron  transference media such as
Lion and Li poly packs.

    Still, this ruling should come to good news.   Me, I'm battening the
hatches for the first hurricane of the season; winds are  kicking up outside right
now.  Good luck, Florida, if it turns.

Brian