Landing Direction

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Jun 10 07:08:43 AKDT 2005

Based on the positive response on the proposed change to landing
direction, I sent my draft landing direction rule change proposal to
John Fuqua, the Contest Board chairman, and he replied:

"How about this.  Suggest you put this as para 6.7 which is the 'Safety
Requirements" section.

"Normally landing would be as per paragraph 14.1 regarding Direction of
Flight.  However, when a wind shift results in a downwind landing
that creates a hazard to people or the aircraft, subject to the
approval of the judges, the landing direction may be reversed.

(or maybe)

"Normally landing would be as per paragraph 14.1 regarding Direction of
Flight.  However, subject to the approval of the judges, the landing
direction may be reversed when a wind shift results in a downwind
landing that creates a hazard to people or the aircraft."

I prefer the second one and will make an Emergency Proposal as soon as
I can put it together.

Ron Van Putte