YS 140DZ Question

Larry Diamond lld613 at psci.net
Fri Jun 10 06:14:09 AKDT 2005

Thanks Tom.

  _____

From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org] On
Behalf Of Koenig, Tom
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 2:54 AM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: RE: YS 140DZ Question

Larry, I'd say the rotor disc pin was loose. They probably pushed it back
and retightened the grub screw. Now your rotor disc and back plate clearance
is OK it will run again.

In the worst case scenario, which actually happened to me ..the pin moved
forward and into the path of the con rod. Things got very ugly at that point
as you can imagine.

You , by the sound of it, were lucky.

Enjoy the engine, they are good.....but the 160, well, they are just sweet!!

Tom