YS 140DZ Question

Larry Diamond lld613 at psci.net
Thu Jun 9 22:05:34 AKDT 2005

I sent an engine into YS Performance and on the paper I received today it
stated they "adjusted the back plate"...They did take care of me so this is
-not- a complaint. I will probably call YS to ask about it, but has any body
else had this problem? Is it something that the average pilot learns about
with YS engines?

I'm not the best engine guy around to begin with and the YS DZ is new to me.

It ran great for practice flights and up through the 3rd round. On the 4th
round it died in a stall turn. I got it started and then it quickly died at
idle and would not restart. I sent it in to YS Performance and they took
care of it.

YS got the engine running and it was in warranty, but curious about the back
plate adjustment comment.

Larry Diamond