New Sequences

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 19:34:39 AKDT 2005

Bill,
I've been pretty much in the thick of the crossbox discussions. There are
only two points I've been trying to get through. The first is that a
"forced" or no options crossbox maneuver should never precede a rolling
maneuver. The reason is that if a pilot is anywhere near the ideal distance
of 150 meters out, the only logical option is to go out to avoid making the
box too small for the upcoming roll. This in turn, forces the pilot to be
further out than desired. I'd never even thought about it before tackling
the current Masters schedule.

The second point is that it would be nice if we could conjure up some new
turnaround maneuvers with options so the pilot would have the option of
preserving the line he was on or making adjustments.

I absolutely agree that crossbox maneuvers are a necessity. Ideally, they
should occur twice during a schedule. The first one being about 1/4 to 1/3
of the way into the schedule with the second one being 3/4 to 2/3 of the way
through. In addition, they should immediately follow a snap maneuver, if
there is one (or two) since a snap usually involves some degree of  line
displacement.

When one considers all the parameters involved in designing a good schedule,
or set of schedules, it becomes quickly apparent that saying "great job"
isn't nearly enough for you and your team. Having said all that,  GREAT

See ya this weekend,
Verne

BTW, Kane's buyin, he needs exhaust washers.....