YS valve not the only problem

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 17:04:43 AKDT 2005

I just fired my YS-91 up after the valve cleaning.  It fired immediately and had plenty of power while still running rich.  After running for a minute or two the rpm's started fluctuating a bit.  The more it ran the less rpm's I was able to maintain.  I heard a noticable rattle that seemed to be coming from the engine area.  After the engine ran for about 5 minutes, the rpm's started to drop more.  I leaned the needle a little and the revs didn't increase, so I richened it back up and idled down, the motor died.  I felt the spinner to see if it was warm and it wasn't, that's when I noticed the movement of the output shaft.  My first thought is the front bearing, I have quite a bit of movement up and down and a little side to side.

I guess I'm not meant to fly this plane.  Does anybody know where I can get a good YS-91, cheap?

I think this one is going back to YS.

Ken