New Sequences

Bill Pritchett phelps15 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 16:04:09 AKDT 2005

Rodney:
Both proposed Advanced schedules are "easier" than the current Advanced
schedule.  This was one of the criteria that we worked with, based upon
overwhelming opinion that the jump to Advanced is currently too much.  I
like both schedules (not because I'm on the committee...hehe), but what this
WILL do is make the jump to Masters much bigger for the guys that will come
through these schedules.  I am sort of a victim of having made the current
jump, and now that I've made it, felt that I could objectively help others
coming up in seasons to come not deal with some of the issues current
Advanced flyers have had to handle.  Our current schedule calls for 10
maneuvers prior to a cross box turnaround.  Although there is discussion on
the list right now about being on that "line", and a cross box being a
bother, let's face it, most Advanced flyers need to adjust in/out earlier
than 10 maneuvers in.  Lots of thought and discussion went into these, and
I'm sure that everyone on the committee hopes that the NSRCA membership
takes a deep collective breath before making any judgments.  One thing we
all tried to do is make it more even in jumps between classes, up to
Masters.  We all seemed to agree that Masters should be the "big" jump, and
a jump that provides a class of "Destination" for some, and FAI prep for
others.  I hope that you, and others, will look at the proposed Advanced
schedule as a part of the whole, and not a direct comparison to the present.
Thanks
Bill

Bill Pritchett
765-744-9322