Motivation. . . .

Keith Hoard khoard at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 05:02:47 AKDT 2005

As I'm sitting here weighing several variables for this weekend; weather
forecast, hotel cost, fuel prices, ect. . . . .

I would like to know what is the number one Motivating Factor that gets you
up off your duff to pack up all of your pattern toys, drive 5-8 hours, shell
out several hundred $$'s, risk a rain-out, then drive 5-8 hours back home
Sunday night, get home at 2a.m., to start your work week all over again on
Monday.

What is the top thought in your mind as you anticipate going to a contest .
. . is it the chicks?  The big money prizes?  Is it the thought of finally
beating someone you've been trying to get the upper hand for years?  The
oohhhs and ahhhhs you're hoping to get from your new 2005 model year Pattern
Ship??  Figure out how well my new airplane flies?  See if my 5-year old
pattern plane still "has it"??

I guess what I'm trying to get here is: What gets you to go to a contest 5-8
hours away vs. spending the weekend at your local field or just driving to
visit your flying friends at their local field?

Keith L. Hoard

Cordova, TN

khoard at midsouth.rr.com