Valence Technology Batteries

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Jun 1 08:06:36 AKDT 2005

My stock broker said it would be a good idea to look into a stock
called Valence Technology.  I did a brief search and discovered that
"Valence Technology is a leader in the development and
commercialization of Saphion(R) technology, the only safe large format
Lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology. Valence holds an
extensive, worldwide portfolio of issued and pending patents relating
to its Saphion technology and Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries."  I
went to the Valence technology web site  (http://www.valence.com/) and
looked around.  They have a great video regarding battery safety, that
those with broadband internet connections might like to watch.  Valence
Technology has a wide range of products for many battery applications.
However, in my limited search, I couldn't find specifics on their
products.  Shown on the web site were some cylindrical cells for making
up battery packs.  Also shown were some battery packs for things like
wheelchairs (high current application).  I was wondering if anyone
knows of any model-related batteries by Valence Technology, what
sources have them and what the cost might be for batteries for our use.

Ron Van Putte.