K-Factor article error

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 06:22:48 AKDT 2005

My July K-Factor article describes an upgrade to the
YS 140FZ/L series of engines. I gave the wrong part
information in the article, here is a portion of my
August article correcting the error . . . . . .

YS motor modifications part identification error

Last month I reported about the results of installing
a new back plate on my modified YS140FZ motor. I had
incorrectly identified the new back plate as coming
from the YS140 Sport. I have since been made aware
that the back plate I installed is a new style
replacement for the YS140L, not the YS140 Sport. What
is the difference? The YS140 Sport does not have
pressure taps on the back plate. So, if you decide to
try this improvement, order the new style YS140L back
plate.

The motor has been running really well and will pull
my plane through the Masters sequence with authority
and power to spare.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs