Principles behind Writing New Patterns

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Fri Jul 29 09:19:31 AKDT 2005

Hey Don,
Yes ... or is that I'm just jaded?
The old Procedure Turn and Figure 8 were "mostly useful" maneuvers.
On a windy day, those were real skill maneuvers, but space consumptive.
In good conditions, they did little to help decide a contest.
That problem is that now one of our design constraints is the lessening our noise footprint.

Now if we could just convince FAI to make all rollers in a vertical plane!
You see, even the supposed experts don't think some things through.

best regards,
    Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer