Leaving Early NATS 05

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 05:21:11 AKDT 2005

Jerry,
           This is really good feedback. The way you presented it makes it
easy to process. You are right that we are working on all items like this.
In fact your feedback is now already incorporated into next years process
and plan.

The use of the windows XP supported PACSS software did cause us both a
learning curve and the need to change the processes. Initial data posting
delays occur when the software needed to be updated or used differently.

The PACSS scoring system is very good and has some very nice features. It
was not originally designed to handle large numbers of judges, Matrix
systems and FAI semi-finals and Finals. (Dave and I intend to  publish the
design of a matrix nationals in the next K-factor - BTW)

Gene Maurice wrote this software for all of us for FREE. He subsequently
added a ton of upgrades to make it Nat's capable. He was up till 2:30 AM one
night during the Nationals upgrading the Matrix-site-merge capability.

It was a trial by fire to be sure. But the volunteers all came through.

So thank you for the feedback, the way you did it and for helping us prepare
in a better way for next year.

Regards,

Eric.

P.S. You might note that all 2005 scores are written up as "provisional".
This allows us, during the week after that Nationals to check the results,
the system accuracy and respond to any pilot requests.