cataract update

Dave Burton burtona at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 28 10:08:59 AKDT 2005

John,
I had lens implants several years ago. Luckily I had a Doctor who believed
in fixing a problem that was interfering with my desired activities rather
than waiting until some fixed criteria was met. My vision wasn't bad enough
to qualify for Medicare standards but it did interfere with flying RC
airplanes and seeing well enough to spot birds, etc while fishing. My
employer insurance did cover the surgery so he encouraged me to get it fixed
rather than suffer through the difficulty in flying, seeing birds, etc.
rather than wait for it to get "bad enough". I'm really happy with the
results as in some ways I see better than ever. Two detached retina
surgeries left me with slightly distorted vision in my left eye but the
brain adjust for that so it's not noticeable.