Leaving Early NATS 05

Marty King mking46516 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 07:29:47 AKDT 2005

Cameron,

You did exactly what you should have done and by no
means was it implied by anyone that I know of on the
Nats management team that you were among the few that
caused ripples. Anyone who withdraws is replaced in
the judge rotation by the CD. If someone leaves and
does not tell the CD it does create a ripple effect
for the rest of the contest until the finals. As I
stated in an earlier post is was mainly judges who
simply did not show for their assignment. The nats
cost all of us a lot in time, money and energy,
whether as contestant or part of the NATS management
team.

No one wants a bad experience and I know Dave G. and
Eric H. has worked hard to try and change the "what's
wrong with Pattern" NATS image. Granted contestant
judging sometimes creates "issues" but with guys like
Don Ramsey trying to help everyone get on the same
page it has improved and will continue to do so.
Scoring had taken a bad rap in past years and had many
holes in the system. This year many of those were
closed with regular hand written score sheets (not
scantron), new format tear sheets, speedy return of
those sheets so you could make adjustments before your
next flight the same day and the timely posting of
scoring data.

So Cameron I hope you will return to another NATS. We
should never give anyone the feeling that they should
take their toys and go home and stay there. We need
more competitors like you.

Marty

Marty King

AMA 9945 LM, CD