Foam Honey-Coming Weight savings

David Flynt dflynt at verizon.net
Wed Jul 27 18:49:06 AKDT 2005

Hi Jim.  There is another way to reduce the weight of each panel by 1.5 ounces -- use a twice as light covering.  Ultracote transparent lite is half the weight of regular monocote or ultracote.  There is no extra work involved, and no reduction in strength.  I am using this on my Supreme.  It looks "unique", but it is lighter.  I used it on my Partner stab to remove every last gram in the tail, and it has held up as good as monocote.  It is just as easy to work with, and it does not lift.  In fact, I think it bonds to wood better than monocote.  It still bubles if your iron is too hot.  No more than 200F.  You can buy it at Horizon in a variety of colors, and transparent white looks pretty nice.  While it is transparent, the colors over sheeting  are not pale and provide good contrast.

David