Foam Honey-Coming Weight savings

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed Jul 27 13:45:58 AKDT 2005

Jim,

My last set of wings I cored out around the fat part of the wing between leading edge and wing tube and behind the wing tube and saved .5 oz per core.   Some of the guys that honeycomb the whole wing are saving about 1 to 1.25 oz per panel.  But they  generally glass the wing and paint it too.   I hollow out the wing tips then cap them with 1/8 lt balsa wood and lighten the root rib also.  Overall this way I save about 1.25 per wing panel from the regular way.
What kind of glue do you use?

Wayne Galligan