YS 140 problem

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Jul 25 10:30:35 AKDT 2005

Don't feel bad!

I have to cringe a little whenever I see someone using
a tach and then start working on the engine as a
result. Like the guy in our club that kept trying to
tweak his needle, leaning the engine to starvation,
trying to get the same reading he was getting the day
before. Finally he said "I was getting 12,000 rpm
yesterday, now I'm only getting 8000". I looked at his
tach -- he had it set for three bladed props, he was
using a two blade prop. :-)

Don't get hung up on rpms. If it pulls with authority,
and idles enough to land -- run with it.

Bob R.

--- "Daniel J. Hamlett" <d77hamlett at comcast.net>

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.