Nats Scores - Scoring Effort

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 24 16:03:39 AKDT 2005

Every time I have inquired about the technical specifications and the
locations of the scanners I have always been treated as though I was a
foreign agent trying to steal secrets.

My Theory: Some one simply wanted to deny the use of them to this year's
Nats. It backfired. Without the Scantron/Scribe hassle our scoring team did
the best job I have seen. The experience I witnessed was that most judges
prefer your system of yellow pad/transfer to scores sheet over the Scantrons
anyway. There were some scribes that were upset, but they were the only ones
expressing disappointment.

There are probably a lot of us with experience in maintaining office
machines who could keep them running a long time IF they were stored
properly. Good storage does not mean in a farmhouse basement. I am glad we
have found a better way to do the job without them.

It does raise an interesting question though. What office/official is
responsible for the security and care for the NSRCA Assets? Under what terms
and conditions can equipment be utilized? The rumors I hear are not
pretty...

John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US