Nats Scores - Scoring Effort

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Jul 23 14:05:24 AKDT 2005

On Jul 23, 2005, at 8:22 AM, Steven Maxwell wrote:

>  Yes, Marty done a great job with scoring I must say I was a little
> skeptical at first of hand entering instead of scantron but I'm not a
> numbers cruncher, good job to the scoring team and you have a job for
> life

I talked with Marty several times during the Nats and was very
impressed with his enthusiasm and competence.

I agree that I was also skeptical about hand entering the scores, but
they had a quality control system that worked.  However, it is too bad
that the Scantron machines couldn't be used, since both NSRCA and AMA
have paid a lot of money to buy and maintain them.  It would also have
made the entering of scores easier for the scoring team.  Although I
don't know why, I understand that the Scantron machines weren't capable
of being used with the new scoring program.

Ron Van Putte

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.