Ys 160 Dz first start in the morning

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Sun Jul 24 15:07:00 AKDT 2005

Assuming that you use a hand crank fueling pump, the easiest way to prime
the YS160D is this:
1. Fill the tank.
2. Open the throttle.
3. Open any clamp / shut-off between the tank and engine.
4. Pinch the tank vent line closed.
5. Apply a little pressure to the fuel with the pump - takes very little -
don't flood (likely with an electric pump).

Engine will start on first revolution.

What is going on is that the some of the fuel in the system vaporizes, on a
"dry" attempt to start these vapors compress and the check valve on the
injector doesn't open to pass the vapors, preventing the pump from
developing the pressure delta necessary for fuel to flow from the tank. The
priming trick fills the system with fuel, displacing the troublesome vapors.

Earl