YS 140 problem

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 18:15:06 AKDT 2005

Wow, that is a big prop . . . .

Anyway, check the throttle stop screw, you should be
able to close the throttle barrel with the servo. The
stop screw is next to the intake opening.

The low end needle should be out about 1 turn from
closed. It is an air bleed, so in is richer, out is
leaner.

--- "Daniel J. Hamlett" <d77hamlett at comcast.net>
wrote:

> The engine is a sport.  It has less than 40oz
> through it.  I am running
> the 1.40, NHP 5/8th header and ES carbon 5/8th inlet
> pipe.  Sorry I
> forgot to add this on the original post.
>
> Bob Kane wrote:
>
> >Which 140?  FZ, L, DZ, Sport?  I assume it must be
> >DZ swinging a 17X10?
> >
> >--- "Daniel J. Hamlett" <d77hamlett at comcast.net>
> >wrote:
> >

> >>I know that in the past there has been a post on
> the
> >>following topic but
> >>I don't have it.  Something about having to drill
> >>out the spray bar ???
> >>
> >>I have a YS 140 that I can't get to idle down to
> >>2200.  The lowers that
> >>I can get it is to about 2750-2800.  I know that
> >>this is way too high.
> >>I am running a Mezlick 17X10 prop and S+W 20/20
> >>fuel.
> >>
> >>Any help on this would be appreciated.
> >>
> >>Thank you in advance and good luck to all at the
> >>NATS.
> >>
> >>Dan
> >>

> >Bob Kane
> >getterflash at yahoo.com

> protection around
> >http://mail.yahoo.com
> >=================================================
> >To access the email archives for this list, go to
> >http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
> >To be removed from this list, go to
> http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
> >and follow the instructions.