Impact bites the Dust

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 18:11:57 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 7/12/2005 2:10:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net writes:

Another  Impact bites the dust. I took Thurs. and Fri. off to practice for
our State  Pattern contest. The second flight on Thurs. I got a flame out.
Well trying  to avoid straining the plane through a barbed wire fence, I ran
out of air  speed about 4 feet off the ground. The plane went in at a 45
degree angle  and as soon as the spinner touched the earth the tail wrapped
around the  fuse and broke off about 3in in front of the stab. The only other
damage to  the plane was a cracked chin cowl. The spinner and prop were not
even  nicked. This was one of the first Impacts to hit US soil, It came with
no  directions and no tail formers. On a side note, I dusted off the  Focus,
mounted my motor and electronics and got 3 trim flights in. Then  flew to a
first place in Advanced. I do have to say, for me the Focus flies  much
better then the Impact. I'm sad for the lost $$$ but somehow glad to  be
flying the Focus again.

Michael  Laggis

To  access the email archives for this list, go  to
To be removed from  this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
and follow the  instructions.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be  removed from the list.

Michael
Don't through it away, mine broke in the air at the same place and I
repairerd it.Used thin CA to re-attach everything, cut an access window in the
bottom, glassed the broken area inside and out, removed and replaced the rudder
with a foam balsa rudder and added the former and reinforcing crutch then closed
 the window with 1/16" balsa and repainted. total weight is the same after
the  repairs but I had to move the battery forward to balance.
Buddy