Impact bites the Dust

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Tue Jul 12 11:03:51 AKDT 2005

Another Impact bites the dust. I took Thurs. and Fri. off to practice for
our State Pattern contest. The second flight on Thurs. I got a flame out.
Well trying to avoid straining the plane through a barbed wire fence, I ran
out of air speed about 4 feet off the ground. The plane went in at a 45
degree angle and as soon as the spinner touched the earth the tail wrapped
around the fuse and broke off about 3in in front of the stab. The only other
damage to the plane was a cracked chin cowl. The spinner and prop were not
even nicked. This was one of the first Impacts to hit US soil, It came with
no directions and no tail formers. On a side note, I dusted off the Focus,
mounted my motor and electronics and got 3 trim flights in. Then flew to a
first place in Advanced. I do have to say, for me the Focus flies much
better then the Impact. I'm sad for the lost $$$ but somehow glad to be
flying the Focus again.

Michael Laggis

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.