Check out World Championships 2005

Wincons at aol.com Wincons at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 06:52:07 AKDT 2005

Good questions all, Eddie. In the first place, the Team petitioned the  NSRCA
directly, and got $1000 up front.  Secondly, we will be having an  auction of
donated items at the NATS.  So, I guess we felt it would be poor  form to ask
the individual members for cash over and above this.... but we're  not too
proud to take it;) Please join into the auction, BTW!

We also petitioned every AMA RC club, and got some that way.  You  know, we
don't think of it much; but to get to the WC's, each of these guys has  flown a
LOT.  Sure, they're sponsored by Futaba, JR, or Airtronics; Morgan  Fuel, YS,
OS, Hacker, etc.  But it still brings a lot of money out of their  own
pockets to get to the place that they can MAKE the Team.  Then there's  the vacation
time; they've used it all just qualifying. We embark August 15 for  Paris.

Bryan Hebert's (and my) job is taking care of the details so they can
concentrate on flying.  We want an American to stand at the top of the  awards
podium, and an American Team to get the Team gold.  It's called  patriotism; and
it's not a dirty word!  More than that, when we expend the  effort to further
the interests of the few, we lift the pool of ability that  they're drawn from
(that's guys like us). We're just coming up a little  short.  Plane fares alone
cost almost $10,000.  Then there's the vans  in Paris at $1000 per week (3).
Motels, eats, you can see the picture.  We  still need another $8000, minimum.

Anyway; to donate to the AMA for tax purposes, send it to the AMA earmarked
FAI Team Fund.  Make sure you send us your address so we can get the T's to
you.
AMA – F3A Team Fund
5161 East Memorial Drive
Muncie, IN  47302
or if you want to go to us direct;
Bryan Hebert, FAI Team Manager
7620 Elmwood Drive
Denham  Springs, LA 70706
Thanks, Brian Clemmons
Asst. Team Manager

In a message dated 7/9/2005 9:04:17 A.M. Central Daylight Time,