Composite-ARF Impact question

Bill Southwell bnbsouthwell at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 31 16:25:21 AKST 2005

    Sounds like a twisted stab to me. If it has gotten a bit hot in
transit with any torsion it would twist. I have heard stories of fellows
leaving the airplane in the van on a hot day and it had something
pushing on the fuse.....it cools over night and walaaa  instant flying
bannana. It could also be a bad mold but hey, I am sure, as some are to
so  eager to point out, that our offshore suppliers are incapable of
having a less than perfect quality product. Now if the kit had been
produced in the states the warp would have been the first and loudest
possibility....Gee, I just slipped my nomex suit on so flame away. :>)
My guess is that heat and pressure induced  a ahh ..modification to the
fuse and is the source of the off set fin. Besides I doubt the
manufacture would miss a chance for a " great new feature" to not have
used it in the ad copy if it were intentional.....

Bill "call me charcoal now" Southwell
Iuka,MS