Composite-ARF Impact question

Adam Quennoz aquennoz at ipa.net
Mon Jan 31 16:02:25 AKST 2005

I've done some more investigating.  I traced the outline of the airfoil
on top of the v. stab on a piece of paper.  It is symmetrical.   Now the
kicker....  I drew a centerline on the top of the stab.  Then stood
behind the plane and sighted down the line I made.  It pointed WAY off
to the left.  So there is definately something going on with the
vertical stab.  I still can't figure out if it's a design feature or a
mistake.  I guess the question to ask is if anyone out there flying this
plane notice any difficulty in trimming or anything out of the ordinary
while trimming?  I'm also curious what Jason Shulman has to say about
this.  Does he know it is there?

Regards,
Adam Q