Snao G's

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 12:46:19 AKST 2005

Bob:
Actually, a square section turned on edge, making a diamond, would
probably offer more strength.  Dick Hanson offered an idea that I found
appealing:
Cut a strip of plywood, 1/16 or 3/32 in, long as the tube.  Cut it so it
will just slide inside the tube snugly.  Slide it in, on edge, sitting
vertically.  (The plywood sitting vertically, not you!) You have now
added a whole lot of strength to the tube.  You've prevented
collapse/bending of the walls, and increased the modulus of bending.
Works well.  If I were one of the folks bending wing tubes, I wouldn't
hesitate for a moment to try it.
Bill Glaze