Snao G's

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Jan 28 04:30:58 AKST 2005

I'm sitting here thinking that "tubes" are not the best cross section for our purposes. I think we only use them 'cause they are easy. It would make much more sense from a structure standpoint to use something like a box or I-beam.

Bob R.

rcaerobob at cox.net wrote:
Yeaop. That works out to about 147 lba (assuming a 10.5lb plane) distributed on that 7/8" dia wing tube, with complete concentration of the G's likely at the fuse/wing root intersection, with some load distribution laterally, but I'd bet not much.

How many of us ever "test" our wing sockets to 150 lbs!!!!