Snao G's

brianyemail-nsrca at yahoo.com brianyemail-nsrca at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 10:14:32 AKST 2005

For the tube itself that load can be approximated by setting your tube between two chairs resting your hands in the middle and raising yourself off the floor, for me thats a 180lb load.

I guess you could do the same test with your plane.......

rcaerobob at cox.net wrote:
Yeaop. That works out to about 147 lba (assuming a 10.5lb plane) distributed on that 7/8" dia wing tube, with complete concentration of the G's likely at the fuse/wing root intersection, with some load distribution laterally, but I'd bet not much.

How many of us ever "test" our wing sockets to 150 lbs!!!!

> From: "Michael Laggis"
> Date: 2005/01/27 Thu PM 01:51:34 EST
> Subject: RE: Snao G's
>
> Very interesting.