140 RX air cleaner

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Wed Jan 26 08:07:31 AKST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:56:33 -0500
"Tim Taylor" <twtaylor at ftc-i.net> wrote:

> Anyone make one for this eng? Central doesn't show one on thier
> website. We've had one ingest something small during aflight that
> smashed the piston ring land down onto the ring and killed the engine.
> That was an expensive repair with a ring/piston/liner and gasket set.

While not engine or carb specific, I've been using the Bru Line filters
for years with good results.  My local hobby shop carries the
replacement elements in both coarse and fine and if nothing tears the
element they can last multiple seasons with periodic careful cleaning.

Tower stock number is LX9160, and the rubber body just stretches over
the carb venturi.  Not fancy or anodized, but they do work :-)

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes
        --|--                NSRCA 3830