FW: New Dremel cordless

Keith Hoard khoard at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 09:51:45 AKST 2005

When Ron started, they used a kite tied to a large skeleton key inside the
airplane.  The only problem was that they had to wait for a thunderstorm. .
.

Keith L. Hoard

Cordova, TN

khoard at midsouth.rr.com

 What did you use before nicads, lead/acid?

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:

On Jan 20, 2005, at 8:22 PM, Bob Pastorello wrote:

> ONLY until the first one goes "poof" in the workshop and burns down a
> house.
> But maybe they have all the safeguards in the world to prevent home
> improvement guys from harming the batteries.
>
> I can tell you I won't go near one.

One of the "advantages" of being in this hobby for a long time is that
you get to see a lot of things come and go. I can remember when I
heard virtually the same comment about nickel cadmium batteries. I
also remember a club member's airplane was blown in half when his six
year old son cranked up the charge rate on his home made variable
charger and the battery pack exploded. When the average modeler gets
smart about proper charging of lithium battery packs, we'll start
worrying about a new battery chemistry.

Ron Van Putte