epoxy joint

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 10:58:04 AKST 2005

"Filets in general are useless other than for cosmetic reasons. On a properly assembled bond joint the filet will never see stress until the load capacity of the joint itself is exceed. At that point the joint breaks and considering that the joint itself is orders of magnitude stronger than the filet, the filet breaks instantly. Filets are dead weight, "

Awesome! and embarrassing!
I cannot even guess how many formers & stringers I have carefully encumbered with beautiful, heavy worthless fillets...Sometimes adding bits of string to the mix in imitation of pylon racers...

But you just made future building easier...

John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US