epoxy joint

Pete Cosky pcosky at direcway.com
Sat Jan 15 06:50:35 AKST 2005

That would depend on the joint.

On a tight fitting joint epoxy will yield a very strong joint,
especially if you use a slow setting type that can penetrate into the
wood before curing.

If there are gaps then you would want to use milled glass or flocked
cotton which gives the resin something to cling to and will be stronger
than just resin.

Micro balloons would be added as lightweight non-structural filler such
as filling surface imperfections or a wing fillet.

Not that I am a composites expert by any means, but that is what I have
learned. If that is incorrect please let me know.

Pete