Judge Feedback

MargueriteVG at aol.com MargueriteVG at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 05:47:02 AKST 2005

In a message dated 1/13/2005 1:01:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
divesplat at yahoo.com writes:

I think a better forum for the newcomer to get feedback on his flying would
be to have pattern seminars
Andre'

Yes, that is Exactly what is needed Andre. Judges help at contest helps a
bit. I am not sure how I feel about help in the middle of an event. Judges can
write a quick note if need be
Feedback in the middle of events is not always the best for you or the judge.

 Pattern seminars as many as we can have. Goal would be to promote pattern
train recruit new members. Feedback on flying skills.
 The recent seminars Frank G held in our district helped. We need more
volunteers. We need clubs to hold seminars starting out at club meetings. Invite a
pattern group to your club meeting.  Go over planes, beginner sequence,
callers etc. IF you cant use there field  GO to the meeting.  We have senior pattern
also. Lots of ideas we can use. I still see an interest in pattern that many
claim is not there anymore. The access to pattern is not there.

Higher classes We need to keep the focus as a group. REVIEW - within the
higher groups. Have  more   time for discussion with some of the problems
discussed on the list.

  Then hold a seminar for ALL pilots in ALL classes. Working out questions
and judging problems on the complicated figures (controversy)
Nice to see the discussions and problem solving on the list  but this info
has to reach all our pilots.

  We should  take a year or two and focus on training NEW pilots. At the same
time work within the higher classes  with spins   snaps   and several other
figures. Review the rules and changes.   We have the higher class  pilots
training the beginner(our new judges) so we all have to be on the same page.
Train  Help  Review sequence.
Perhaps make a  pattern represenative for each ama club.To plan a pattern
day. Set up trained pilots from other clubs if need be.
train   scribes for days events. (could become future pattern pilots. Hold a
non contest pattern day early in the year at the field.
 We did this type of promotion in IMAC and it worked. Thats all pattern needs
at this time is commitment from each of us flying pattern. ( I fly and enjoy
both types of flying)

As a larger group flying pattern we all benefit.  More help with finding
flying fields with volunteers with imput that will improve our sport in general.
 Dean P was the first in our area to reach out and start this type of
program. He trained and helped so many in our area.  Dean led the way.
One or two years of FOCUS on promotion and training. We will then have more
pilots to review and help at our flying fields  We have been trying this for
awhile but now its time for everyone to make a difference.
Thanks to all who helped me learn.  First thing I learned.. Use a neck strap.
Use your thumbs.Fly graceful and smooth ALL the time.
 This is not  THE    only way but it was the way I learned from some of the
best. Hints from the beginning can help a lot
See you at the events AFTER I practice.
Marguerite