* del klipped * Re: Re: adding interest and complexity to Sportsman ... a...

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Jan 12 08:51:50 AKST 2005

On Jan 12, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Cameron Smith wrote:

>  I remember faking some Judges out one flight by having someone in the
> Pits fly my Plane & I had a Dummy transmitter box in my hand. Me and my
> caller faked a fight during my flight & got the judges laughing. Then
> on
> Final I turned to them & threw one of them my Transmitter, Telling them
> IF they don’t like how I'm flying you LAND IT!  He reminds me of that
> EVERYTIME he is sitting in the Judges chair. Sometimes it's just good
> have FUN! :-)

That reminds me of a contest I went to in Orlando many years ago when
Dave Brown was still competing.  Dave flew the airplane for a guy in a
lower class, out of sight of the judges.  He flew the guy's airplane
VERY well.  Near the end of the flight, Dave deliberately screwed up a
maneuver.  The guy who was faking that he was flying, turned and said,
"I can't fly this #@$! thing.  You take it." and handed his transmitter
to one of the judges.  We all had a laugh at the judges' expense.  It
was only later that we looked at the score sheets and the guy had been
given poor scores, not the ones the maneuvers deserved.  The judges
were very unhappy over the case of scoring bias that had been exposed.

Ron Van Putte